No announcement yet.

Testing new topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and the green circle is to show that the user is "online". It's grey if they are offline - for example, go look at a thread Dan has posted in - he's not online right now.

I think I like the look so far - much less wasted space

Comment

Just rebooted the database server... testing.....

Comment

Testing using a different theme

Comment

Testing more

Comment

OK posting delay has been fixed!

Comment

One more time with the tomatotalk theme to be sure....

Comment

Yes, but we do need the information about where a person lives and what the conditions are like as it makes sense of what they are writing about. I'll copy what my Scottish Rock Garden Forum posts look like:

Diane Whitehead Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
                cool mediterranean climate warm dry summers, mild wet winters 70 cm rain, sandy soil

and over in the box with my photo there are tiny pictures to show that I can be emailed or sent a PM.
                Last edited by Diane Whitehead; 02-08-2020, 03:53 AM.

Comment

OK, let me see if I can work that info in another way... stand by

Comment

Though, that information is under a line and in a smaller font than the message I am sending.

(I'm referring to the Scottish Rock Garden Club forum)
                    Last edited by Diane Whitehead; 02-08-2020, 03:51 AM.

Comment

OK I've added it back in. Bolded the label as well. I could perhaps try to add it where you might expect a signature to be, or maybe in the same row as the "edit/quote/comment/flag/like" operations at the bottom of each post

Comment

I don't know all of the different settings you have tested, but this font size and screen setup works well for me.

Comment

I have never been one who includes a cute little saying or bit of wisdom at the bottom of each post. Is that a part here?

Comment

I'm not very familiar with any other sites except Tomatoville. Whenever I log in or refresh the main page, there is in the top frame a line that says "1 new posts in 1 topics since your last visit! (View New Posts)". Clicking on View New Posts opens a page showing all recent posts I haven't viewed from most recent backward. I use that to quickly see if there is anything new posted in any topics I might be interested in.

That is something I use whenever I log in. Are the "Latest Posts", "Recent Blog Posts" and "Trending" the equivalent here?

Comment

Originally posted by dfollett View Post
                              I'm not very familiar with any other sites except Tomatoville. Whenever I log in or refresh the main page, there is in the top frame a line that says "1 new posts in 1 topics since your last visit! (View New Posts)". Clicking on View New Posts opens a page showing all recent posts I haven't viewed from most recent backward. I use that to quickly see if there is anything new posted in any topics I might be interested in.

That is something I use whenever I log in. Are the "Latest Posts", "Recent Blog Posts" and "Trending" the equivalent here?
                              I use that feature as well over there. I can look at adding something similar to give you that info on the main page.

The "New Topics" sub-menu item at the top is likely what you're after in terms of general functionality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Topics.png
Views:	430
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	221

Latest Posts, Recent Blog Posts and Trending aren't really a 1:1 match for "New Topics"

Comment

Working...
                              X