Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing new topic

Testing to see if I get the "Working...."

I am absolutely getting the "working..." and then it times out with an error, but the content is indeed posted. THIS did just start really happening today

Comment

Tailing access logs while posting....

Comment

What? It wouldn't let me do just that one word. I got this message: Error
        • Please enter a message with at least 10 characters

Comment

Yes there is a feature set to require a certain number of words for a post. 10 is the current value.

Comment

I've been clicking on the red Post Reply down in the right bottom corner. But now I've noticed a blue Post Reply up in the left top corner above my photo. I'll click that this time. No, that one doesn't work.

Comment

Oh, that is a comfortable font size

Comment

The one in the top left (blue button) is a shortcut button to scroll you down to the bottom of the page so you can type a reply. The red Post Reply button in the bottom right is to submit your reply to the server to post it to the topic

Comment

OK. I'll try it again, except now I can't see either the blue or the red. I'll have to scroll manually

If I put less information in my gray box, will my window hold more messages?

Comment

yeah that's an annoying bit - the left grey bar is causing each post to take up so much room. The answer is yes - but even so I have less info in mine and it still takes up a ridiculous amount of space. Let me tinker with the font sizes some more. I will be shrinking them back down to see if I can expand just the ones that really matter

Comment

On other forums, I have that information about myself at the bottom of each post. That doesn't take up so much room. And I don't think viewers need to know when I joined or how many posts I've made. For other forums, that information is only available when someone clicks on a name.

Comment

Then there is Share, which is Facebook and Tweet which I think is what Trump uses, and a small green circle at the very bottom. I'll have to try that.

Comment

I pressed the little green circle and both Share and Tweet disappeared. I wonder if they will remain off if I join in a new window.

Comment

Yes, I'm in a new window with a nice big font, and no - oh, you don't have them either. Did I modify your gray box, or did you do it?

Comment

OK - I was modifying the templates to help condense some stuff:
                              • Removed the options to share to Facebook or Twitter. Not really relevant for this type of community
                              • Also temporarily removed the user info for now. I will likely convert it to something that appears only when you hover over the avatar or something. The hardiness zone/location info is helpful for gardening forums, in my opinion. the rest - not so much.
                              • I also reset the overall font size of the forum to the smaller font size, and then just increased the font size for the topic content (this text you are reading now)

Comment

Working...
                              X