Fruit Color Red with Green Shoulders
    Fruit Shape Round
    Fruit Size XL Cherry (1 oz)
    Fruit Taste Good
    Fruit Production 6-8 per plant
    Lighting Type/Power Sarted under 170w LED, finished in Tunnel
    Container Size 2.3qt pot
    Hardiness Average
    Notes Needs support. First flower was megabloom, set fruit with a 37g beefsteak. Family exclaimed "tastes like a real tomato" after comparing to other traditional micros. Fruit size very similar to the variety "Gardener's Delight". Skin was a bit thick, but edible. Had some green flesh around the locules, but red flesh otherwise.
    Seed Submitted To Saved
    Attached Files

I've noticed that those that have green shoulders tend to have better flavor than those that don't. I read somewhere that the 'even ripening gene' (if there is such a thing) is often detrimental to flavor. Have you ever noticed that?

Comment

I don't think I'm experienced enough to really make that distinction yet. And speaking of, I had listed this as "antho shoulders" - when they probably should have been "green" as you stated.

"Antho" is more purple/black, right?

Comment

Yes. Antho is purple/black but it is made more pronounced by sunlight. Where sun hits the fruit, it darkens. Sometimes they will be dark on one side or dark on top with light color beneath the petals for an interesting starburst pattern. The more antho the darker and the further down from the stem it manifests. I don't understand it, but have seen it.

I like the green shoulders. Typically, that portion of the fruit ripens a bit darker than the rest. Sometimes, not so much, but it stays green as they ripen. Check out this article: https://news.cornell.edu/stories/201...omato-ripening

Comment

Working...
        X