108X Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

108X Results

All, Dan was kind enough to send me F2 seeds from two crosses (108X and 114X) that I don't see existing threads for, so I'll post one of them here and I'll get the other up in the next couple of days. Of the ones listed below, 108X-F2-L6 was just simply my favorite, and it was one that I planted late and nearly gave away to a friend. Thankfully, she didn't accept it and I got to grow out the best one of the batch! I'm a big fan of yellow tomatoes though, so that may have something to do with it being my favorite and it was also the only yellow micro I've grown so far.

Location Notes: I'm in south Louisiana, so these tomatoes grew in part-shady conditions. The seed was planted on March 10, 2020 which is about 2 months later than I planted the dwarf tomatoes I grew from seed this year.
    Cross Name 108X 108X 108X 108X 108X
    Generation F2 F2 F2 F2 F2
    Plant ID L1 L2 L3 L4 L6
    Date Harvested 6/18/20 6/30/20 6/24/20 6/13/20 7/3/20
    Days to Harvest 100 112 106 95 115
    Plant Height (in.) 16 10 24 18 13
    Growth Habit Bushy Bushy Lanky Lanky Bushy
    Leaf Type Carrot Carrot Regular Regular Regular
    Fruit Color Red Pink Red Red/Yellow
    Striped
    Yellow w/Orange Stripes
    Fruit Shape Heart-shaped Heart-shaped Heart-shaped Round Heart-shaped
    Average Fruit Size (g) 16 17 47 29 35
    Fruit taste Very sweet, sometimes dry Bland Good, tomatoey taste Rich, yellow tomato taste. My favorite.
    Fruit Production 14 fruits, 227 g 11 fruits, 188 g 4 fruits, 187 g 9 fruits, 263 g 11 fruits, 387 g
    Lighting Outside, part shade Outside, part shade outside, part shade outside, part shade outside, part shade
    Notes Multiflora, refreshing and very sweet fruits. 2 locules. Large seeds. Multiflora Not multiflora. Multiflora Multiflora. Great plant! Bumblebees regularly visited this plant and only this plant. Needs support and becomes very top heavy.

Outstanding work and exemplary reporting Irvin! I will get a 108X forum created and move this into it! I made a first pass at your results, but want to dig in when I don't have something pressing (like cooking dinner)!

I will also create one for 114X. I thought I was creating them as we sent seeds out, but apparently I missed some.

Thank you!

Comment

Such a great job reporting! Looks like you had a lot of fun comparing. It also looks from your pics that L6 is the one to follow. Congratulations on finding a great potential winner!

Comment

I've added the L6 plant to the list of seed available for 108X here:
        https://www.tomato-talk.com/forum/th...911-about-108x
        If you intend to save any of the others, let me know and I will add them

Comment

Thank you for the great report. I'm glad you enjoyed growing them. I really like the look of the plant and the coloring of the fruit. It is different than anything that is out there and that is what we are after. Good luck with the next generation.

Comment

Working...
          X