102x observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

102x observations

This was a regular leaf tomato plant, unfortunately the smallest was about 24" in height mostly the plants were in the 28-36" range. With that being said this was by far the tastiest of the 3 varieties I grew out! It was a red tomato with small beefsteak shape on the tall plants, the smaller plants had saladette sized red tomaotes. The were very delicious tomatoes with well balanced flavor, not too sweet. They were moderately productive plants producing late into the fall. The leaf structure was less dense and therefore did a bit better with early blight. Unfortunately not micro in size, but great flavor!
    Attached Files

I've not had much success finding micro plants from several lines. From my experience with some crosses you have to literally start 100s to find micros.

Comment

• gthegardener
      gthegardener commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet! I chose the smallest of the hundreds that germinated and still no luck!

We have plenty more lines to focus on if you would like a few more to play with!

Comment

• gthegardener
      gthegardener commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to try two more for a quick indoor season if you can get some to me!

Sean just said exactly what I was going to write. I should have added an additional sentence to my earlier comment. There are some lines that I have started literally hundreds of seeds and found no micros. I've stopped planting them. There are too many other crosses to play with and life is too short. Either Sean or I can send you others to try.

Comment

Dan,

Do you want to list those? or remove them from the list of crosses?

Comment

gthegardener
        I will be dropping some in the mail for you tomorrow. It will include:
        • 113X F4 - this is from a F3 I grew
        • 150X F3 - this is from a F2 I grew
        • 165X F3 - This is from a F2 Dan grew

Comment

• gthegardener
          gthegardener commented
          Editing a comment
          Fabulous! Cant wait!!!
      Working...