Tomato disease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomato disease?

I have a variety of tomatoes in the ground and In pots and they all have slowly started dying and the leaves have changed color. See pic attached. Any idea what this is?

I would suggest that is likely a nutrient issue, not a disease. It looks to be deficient in multiple nutrients, perhaps Nitrogen and Phophorous at least.

Even the ones in ground look like this (same yellow/purpling)?

When did you plant? how often do you water? Do you feed them? What is your water source?

Comment

Yes they all look like this! I thought if it was a nutrient problem the ones in the pots would have the issue, but not the ground ones. We did several plantings, one around May 15th in the ground and the other around June 15th in the pots (once we saw the ground ones dying).

We water everyday If it doesn’t rain, from a hose and from watering cans. No well, city water. I think I fed them tomato fertilizers twice so far about 3 weeks apart.

Comment

I would wait for someone else to chime in, but based on that picture, they look hungry. You could experiment with a few and give them extra food to see if they improve vs the others. There could be a pH issue, or your source water could potentially have a tad too much chlorine (for a plant). I'm certainly no expert here, but I have certainly had plants that look like this, and in my case, it's always been from either a lack of nutrients, or inability for the plant to take them up.

Do you garden in the same general fashion every year?

Comment

I wish I could contribute more. I tend to agree with Sean.

Comment

Have you tried giving them a dose of liquid fertilizer like Alaska Fish Food? Widely available at Home Depot. Inexpensive. Put 1 Tablespoon into a gallon of water . Smells really bad but plants love it!. Do once per week and see what happens. Not sure you have much to lose because I agree the plants look starved of nutrients rather than diseased to me.

Comment

Working...
            X