Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Denver

Hi everyone-
    Thanks Dan and Sean for getting us all connected. I have been growing several lines for several seasons. Off the top of my head I have results for 33x, 51x both yellow and a red, 70x r/y, 70x purple. I am getting new tomatoes from 150x, 88x (LOVE THIS!) 35x and 91x. I am excited to see what others have found.
    Heide

Welcome Heidi! I'm eager to see results especially the 88X you say you like. Sean is setting things up to give folks an easy way to share. We are looking for people interested in taking the lead with different lines - hint hint (if you are interested) .

Comment

Welcome aboard Heide! Feel free to share your results in the respective crosses forums here:
      https://www.tomato-talk.com/forum/th...milies/crosses

Comment

Thanks guys! I would be happy to lead 88x and 51x... Are we working through F7 or farther? Like Sean, I am also working on 150x F2 and have whittled more than 100 down to 6 that are close to ripening. The F 2 stage is fun. Happy to help in any way! You have done a really wonderful job setting this all up. Thank you.

Comment

We would be happy for you to lead the 88X and 51X. 88X has been one of the most fun I've had growing. I have sent seeds for that cross to 5 others besides you and I think I have some growing now. So you can hit the ground running with that one.

Look through the results for 88X of what I've grown and let me know if you want any sent to you - https://www.tomato-talk.com/forum/th.../352-about-88x. We'll figure out the best way to send you information on which 88X seeds have been sent to whom. You can then reach out to them and build your team. (I say we'll figure out the best way, but I really mean that Sean will figure that out.) If I have any from those I am growing now that are exceptional, I'll save and send you the seed. I won't go any further with that line myself. It's yours. Have fun. It's one I think has great potential for a large fruited great tasting micro.

Have you seen anything except red in that line? Everything I have grown in F4 from that line has been red. I ought to send you seed from 88X F3-2. It was orange.

Besides red and orange, that line has the potential for purple and purple with green stripes at least, possibly more. If you would like to play with some F2s I could send you some F2 seed. If you don't want to grow the F2s, I may grow another batch. There are other colors in there somewhere and I really like the current F4s.

Comment

HL2601 I am working on getting some things organized to help line leaders. I will have some more information for you coming soon - stay tuned!

Comment

Hey Heidi! Craig here - slumming with the Micro crowd (ha ha)!

Comment

Originally posted by HL2601 View Post
                Thanks guys! I would be happy to lead 88x and 51x... Are we working through F7 or farther?
                I'd say we're working until we think they are stable - whatever filial generation that happens to be. It could be different depending on the cross. I see some lines showing signs of stability by F4, while most still show quite a bit of differentiation at that stage.

Like Sean, I am also working on 150x F2 and have whittled more than 100 down to 6 that are close to ripening.
                Did you see any carrot leaf in the 150X line or were they all regular leaf?

Comment

Hey Craig! Happy to have you slum here any time!!! Maybe we can convince you to take on a micro or two!

Thanks Dan and Sean for your follow ups. I will start posting my info. Feel free to comment and give suggestions!

Dan-so far all my 88's are red and oblate. Cute little beefsteak looking things. Haven't tasted yet because I have noticed they are ripe, but firmer than some others. I am leaving out to see the extended shelf life. Do we know if that gene is part of the genetics picture?

Sean- re the 150x I have 3 different leaves for my final six and a few friends may have results I have not yet seen. One is a true carrot leaf and one is more carrotlike than regular. Several are petite hearts-Nippled for sure, but several are round too. Will post my pics as they ripen. I think one may be orange.

Comment

Dan-so far all my 88's are red and oblate. Cute little beefsteak looking things. Haven't tasted yet because I have noticed they are ripe, but firmer than some others. I am leaving out to see the extended shelf life. Do we know if that gene is part of the genetics picture?
                    I do not know if the extended shelf life gene is part of these genetics. I have not tested to see just how long the shelf life is. However, as a general rule, most seem to last much longer on the shelf than the typical summer fruits. I do have some seed from Spain of some strain that have that extreme shelf life gene. That's all I need - another cross...... Might be a worthwhile one to make. Anyone want to practice making crosses? I would be happy to send seed for both. You don't even need to grow the indeterminate to maturity if you don't have room. I've made several crosses where I had micros growing so I started an indeterminate I wanted to use in a cross, grew it in a solo cup until it set blossoms, gathered pollen from the blossoms and made the crosses. I then tossed the plant I didn't have room for.

the 150x I have 3 different leaves for my final six and a few friends may have results I have not yet seen. One is a true carrot leaf and one is more carrotlike than regular.
                    Sean - She has the correct 150X shown in the spreadsheet - 33X X 93X. They are the ones I thought I had sent you. The 150X seed you have in from the mix-up. I'll try to find out just what it is.

Comment

Sean - She has the correct 150X shown in the spreadsheet - 33X X 93X. They are the ones I thought I had sent you. The 150X seed you have in from the mix-up. I'll try to find out just what it is.
                      It's cool - I've got the red-headed step child. I'll just keep beating it until it produces the fruits I want

*I kid*!!!

Most of what it's produced has been lackluster, but there are a few promising plants. I will be saving seeds from those and carrying them forward.

See here for everything I've got growing from this so far (I still have 1/2 the seed pack to sow)
                      https://www.tomato-talk.com/forum/th...nva-s-150x-f2s

Comment

Nothing wrong with red heads........ There was a time I had a red beard to go with my bald head. It's now white.

Comment

And this is funny- both my daughters are gingers, as is my Mom....this 150x has to have some kind of red head, gingerish reference term in its final name....

Comment

Sean, in your mix did you ever find a CL?

Comment

Sean, in your mix did you ever find a CL?
                              I believe so. And then going back through my pictures when they were all babies, I think I found maybe ~5 more.

Comment

Working...
                              X