Hi from Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Wyoming

I am Dorothy and I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming. In the past I was involved with GardenWeb and the start of Tomatoville... then the world crashed down onto me. Starting to finally crawl out of that hole and getting life and my garden back together. And this year I found out about micro dwarf tomatoes... and the Dwarf Tomato Project and the newer Micro Tomato Diversity Project. I have so much to catch up on.

Welcome back. In Cheyenne I assume you also have a very short growing season outdoors. These micros give you a chance to extend it throughout the year.

Comment

Welcome Dorothy, hope your world brightens more and more each day! Feel free to ask any questions you might have, or share your garden with us

Comment

Welcome from nearby Denver! We have similar growing challenges. This is a super fun project with lots of good people here to help you get back into your garden. Are you growing things this year?

Comment

Yes very similar growing challenges. We are about 1,000 ft higher so shorter season, I know we run almost a month behind/ahead of Ft Collins....
          I had all my seeds started for my “big” tomatoes when I found out about micro dwarf... wry grin I went a bit overboard and ended up with 13 commercially available varieties and have 9 growing. I think I have about 35 micro dwarfs plants, which is more than I really have room for right now... I have at least 3 of each variety except Hahm’s Gelbe which I only have 2 survivors of my learning period. Are you interested in a baby or two?

Comment

Working...
          X