Hello from the Pacific NorthWest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Pacific NorthWest

I have been gardening for some time, but have mainly been growing pepper species for the last 9 seasons, along with the usual veggies, tomatoes (Oregon Spring and Siletz are my two favs), onions, lettuce, kale and chard. Am growing some Mini Love watermelon, Minnesota Midget cantaloupe, Cash Machine zucchini, Patio Snacker cucumber and Patio Baby eggplant, all from Territorial Seeds in Springfield, OR. All those are hybrids bred for container and small space growing. I have been a member of The Hot Pepper forum for 9 seasons, and one of the members there posted about a micro tom he is growing this season, and I became intrigued with the idea. Long story short, a visit to Renaissance Farms and Bunny Hop Seeds provided me with 13 varieties to grow out, with an eye to selecting several varieties which do well in our local growing conditions.

Looking forward to learning more about these little gems, and growing tomatoes in general, and getting to know you this season. Thanks for having me along for the ride!

Hi Paul, welcome aboard and glad you found us! Many of us are busy little bees in our gardens right now - so the chatter is slow - but we should have some pick up soon as reports start coming in from some of the project participants!

Comment

Welcome, Paul,

Well, when you get interested in something, you go all out. Are you growing all those on a patio, or is that just for curiosity?

I grow peppers too, but only mildly hot ones, except for C pubescens, the fruit of which goes to friends.

Diane
      Victoria B.C.

Comment

Hi Paul! Glad you found us here. It is a nice group of people who share great ideas- I hope you will feel free to share too!
        Heide

Comment

Welcome Paul. Glad to see the interest. One of the advantages of the little ones is they make growing possible year around.

Comment

Hi Paul, I'm just up the road from you and across the Sound from Diane. Welcome.

It's cool to see you're growing melons. I know Oregon is a bit warmer than us, but they're still a challenge. I'm growing out MN Midget, Ha'ogen, Laurent-L F1 and a dwarf melon called 'Persijska' that I believe is a famed 'birdsnest' melon. The 'Persijska' seeds had a lot date of 1991! Ha'ogen is going to be a full size plant.

Mark
            Seattle, WA

Comment

Working...
            X