No announcement yet.

Forum problem discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sean, what happens on a phone with such a wide window?

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Whitehead View Post
      Sean, what happens on a phone with such a wide window?
      Great question. So what I did was change it from a fixed width of 1200pixels to instead be a relative width of 100%. So it will (should) shrink to the size of the display. Try changing the width of your browser window to see it shrink and expand.

I just pulled it up on my iPhone and it seems to look OK

Comment

OK, I changed the width back. On larger displays, your eyes have to go all over the place to find things and it was driving me nuts.

Comment

I'm on a laptop. With a wide window, your picture is on the left and is long and narrow. When I shrink my window, your picture pops up above and is wide horizontally.

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Whitehead View Post
            I'm on a laptop. With a wide window, your picture is on the left and is long and narrow. When I shrink my window, your picture pops up above and is wide horizontally.
            I believe this to allow for more content horizontally on smaller displays. When I look at this post on my phone for example, I see the picture and grey section above each post (above and wide horizontally)- which I think is what you are describing. Since I've reverted the width of the forums back to what they were originally, the width won't keep expanding as you resize your browser. It will resize if your width is under 1200px, but once it gets to that size, the forum content area stops expanding.

Comment

I was not online as you went through the changes in window width. However, it looks fine on both my laptop and on my phone. I never accessed Tomatoville from my phone because it doesn't format in a readable way. It just shows a tiny replica of the full window. You've got this set so on the narrow screen, it puts your info on top in a readable fashion and the text below. Looks good.

Comment

I posted this from my phone. Works fine.

Comment

I ran into the issue of having to reset my password again.

Comment

Originally posted by dfollett View Post
                    I ran into the issue of having to reset my password again.
                    OK, so can you describe what is happening? You come to the forum, and you are logged out? You then try to log in and it tells you the password is invalid?

Comment

Sure. It didn't happen this morning. Background - I never really 'Log Out' as in go click on my name and select the option to log out. I just close the browser - usually Chrome. Normally when I enter the site it shows me logged in. Last night it didn't. So I logged in - or attempted to. If gave the error message in red around the log in box and said something to the effect that I had used one (then 2) of 5 attempts to log in and would need to wait 15 minutes if I hit 5. After 2 failed attempts - the second time I was very careful. I went through the reset password process and reset my password to the same thing it was and logged in fine.

One thought. The previous time I had been online - and not logged off and may or may not have shut down the browser, I was on a different machine. It may still be open downstairs. Perhaps I was still logged on there. I will go look and let you know.

Comment

I had closed the browser, but shut down the computer. It has gone to sleep on its own. I was logged out. I re-logged in and it went fine. I am still logged in upstairs on my laptop.

Comment

Working...
                        X