Site Updates Feb 7, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Updates Feb 7, 2020

I have made a small update to the configuration of the web servers. This should hopefully alleviate some issues people were having with being logged out or perhaps some other weird behavior.
    • Accessing the site w/o using "www" in the URL will now auto-redirect your web browser to "www.tomato-talk.com
      • This helps normalize the URLs, and might be the primary culprit in some of the funny-business users were experiencing. Please let me know if you continue to observe some odd behavior, such as being randomly logged while browsing the site. If you do not enable "Remember Me" when logging in, then you might become logged out in between browsing sessions.
    • Accessing the site w/o using "https" in the URL will now correctly redirect to the SSL/TLS enabled version of the website.
      • Prior to this update, I was forcing this in the Javascript
      • I have now worked out the proper web server configuration to do this
        • This was a little more difficult than normal because Tomato Talk web server(s) sit behind a load balancer.
    • Hopefully this also alleviates the issue of the inflated "who's online" numbers. There are two guests that will always show, at least - these are the load balancer servers which are "pinging" the server(s) to ensure they are online
    Please let me know if you experience any unexpected behavior from the site!

Sean, did you also deliberately make all the text tiny? I need to swipe my fingers on the trackpad to let me read comfortably, but then I can't see everything. Now I have to decrease in order to see "Post"

Comment

There were no changes as far as that goes. Can you check the "zoom" settings of your browser? It sounds like perhaps the zoom/scale has been changed there for this site?

On a PC - I can change this while holding down the control key and pressing either "+" or "-". Not sure if Safari has something similar? (Maybe Command and + or - )?

Comment

In Chrome I can zoom in or out by pressing the control key and rotating the scroll wheel.

Comment

When visiting this website
          Page Zoom 100%

Whatever that means.

I just checked Alan Bishop Proboards and it says the same. However, it is not secure. I'm not sending money to anyone on it, so I don't worry about that.
          Checked the government weather site, the public library, both say Page Zoom 100%. (they are secure, though). And they have larger fonts, easier to read.

Comment

Command + makes it all bigger, but less is visible. I then have to scroll up to see the message I am replying to, and then down to see the Post Reply button

Comment

Diane, are you saying the text size has changed since yesterday? Or are you just stating that the text is, and has been, too small to read comfortably?

Comment

I didn't notice it until today. Currently I have it adjusted so I can read it comfortably. The window takes up my whole screen on my MacBook Air. I can see all of your latest message, the reply I am typing, and Post Reply. Nothing else.

Comment

Instead, I got a yellow message saying "Working". But while I was typing this, it did Post.

Comment

That is something new., and it now does it each time I click Post Reply

Comment

I can try to adjust the font size, the forums do give us that ability. Stand by

Comment

I have been getting that more recently as well. Looking into that also

Comment

OK, I've increased the font size considerably. Is this easier to read?

Comment

Yes. That font size is very comfortable to read.

Comment

Working...
                            X