Cherry Tomato Linda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cherry Tomato Linda

Has anyone grown this one? Cherry Tomato Linda - I ordered it this spring from Nikitovka Seeds, description says "Ultra-early dwarf Tomato variety. Compact plant, excellent for containers and indoor growing. Dense, red, very tasty fruits, weight 70-90g (2.5-3.1 oz.). Cold-resistant and shade tolerant – during winter, growing lamps are required." There is a red and a pink version, I opted for the red.

Here is the link with pictures https://nikitovka.com/en/tomato/1188...094400930.html

When you scan through the pictures, there appear to be several versions of leaves, some rugose, some more droopy. Wonder what I'll get? I have some extra seeds, if anyone wants to try crossing it with any of Dan's creations.

I've heard about it. Someone has asked me about it but I can't remember who - impressive photos. I'd love to try some. We could both make some crosses. Let me know if you need an address.

Comment

I PM'd you.

Comment

It looks like this is either not totally stable or crossed. I started four seeds, and got two normal leafed plants, and two more rugose plants. I kind of wondered about some of the pictures in the Nikitovka seed catalog, because those could have gone both ways too. I will keep them all and see if the fruit is the same.

Comment

I'm starting my last seeds for outside today. I have two packets I received a few years ago labeled Linda - one said it was from Ukraine. I received them from GG (I think that is GreatGardens) on Tville. I know nothing of their history or anything other than they are supposed to be a small plant with relatively large fruit.

I'll let you know what they look like.

Comment

I also had Linda incoming. Right now I am growing the sweetie pie version. Will post pictures later.

Comment

Anything new on this one? I just received Nikitovka seeds from a friend and am intrigued.

Linda

Comment

I'm growing two Linda seedlings inside, under lights, so I guess I will find out - eventually........ I hope they're not duds as nobody has followed up with reports or pictures .

Linda

Comment

Bunny Hop has a variety called Linda listed on her site, could this be the same one? https://heritageseedmarket.com/index.php/product/linda/

Comment

Thanks wykvlvr! It does sound similar, and isn't it interesting that Ellie commented that she thought at first that it was a hybrid? Dee discovered different leaf forms on her Linda's!

I only have two Linda's because I'm growing other micro varieties and don't have a ton of space under the lights.

Linda

Comment

Yes but her reasoning was because of how perfect the fruit were not due to different leaf types. I also noted also that she lists it as a compact/dwarf plant NOT in her Micro Dwarf section...

Sadly? since it is a red it didn't make the grow list for this year as I want to work on my white project which means I will be growing/am growing mostly yellow micro dwarfs this year.

Comment

I guess I will find out if it's a monster in with the micro dwarfs!

I hope you find some great-tasting yellows! I'm growing Birdie Jaune this year.

Linda

Comment

It will be an interesting project as I am starting to realize I have two distinct types of flavor descriptions for both the whites and the yellows... Yellow Balcony talks about taste as rich as a red tomato... while Jochalos and at least one other yellow talk about sweet fruity tastes. Melon Ball and Great White are described as tasting sweet and fruity like a white melon while a couple of other whites they talk about strong rich complex flavors. I may end up working with two lines to produce what I like/want.

Comment

I wish you the best of luck. Flavour is everything!

Linda

Comment

Working...
                            X