Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when trying to upload photos

Sean,
    I took some photos on my ipad and tried to upload and am seeing a message that the photo exceeds the file limit size. Can this setting be changed?

I will take a look. How large the file sizes? If they are directly from the device w/o any resizing, then they are probably pretty big. Stand by

Comment

I see, it's hitting the environment imposed limit of 2MB. I will need to deploy an update to reconfigure that. I'm in the office today, so may not be able to do so until this evening. I will see what I can do though

Comment

OK, this should now be fixed. File size limits upped to 10MB. Files may get resized down to smaller by the forum software if they exceed 4096x4096

Comment

Originally posted by SeanInVa View Post
          OK, this should now be fixed. File size limits upped to 10MB. Files may get resized down to smaller by the forum software if they exceed 4096x4096
          Thanks Sean! I don't want to use up our server space but I do most of this through my ipad and I don't have any idea how big the pics are. I'll look for an app to resize them.

Comment

Thanks for changing that Sean. I uploaded a photo from my ipad but it was so big it went outside the post frame. Is there any setting that would make the frame where we post the photo responsive so that the photo dimensions will scale? If not, no worries but thought I would ask. I'm going to try again from my laptop and try to post a couple of things. Learning a lot. :-)

Thanks,
            Emmie

Comment

One thing you can try is to upload as an attachment. Then, you can insert a smaller clickable version into your post. For example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	attachments.png
Views:	176
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	334

Comment

• Texgal
                Texgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah, thank you! I'll look for that next time. thank you!
            Working...
            X